Since I thought I should make a habit of documenting how much I can every year, I looked back into 2015, which was Year One for canning serious quantities.
I found my list alright, but for the big ones – peaches and apples – the number is left blank! Argggh! So, I have to estimate, based on 2016. I canned two bushels of peaches each year, but I did more apples than I did peaches, sooo….
- 15 pts beets
- 2 pts plumsauce
- 3 pts blue plums
- 3 pts red plums
- 3L pickles
- 3 pts pickles
- 14 pts pears
- 5 pts pineapple (grocery store sale!)
- 5 pts cherry tomatoes (whole, with a Tbsp of vinegar and pinch of salt – SO good)
- 7L peaches
- 60 pts peaches (approx)
- 70 pts applesauce (approx)
- 7 pts pie-ready pumpkin
- 28 pts pumpkin
- 4 half pints peach honey (not really canned, just jarred)
- 18 half pints pesto (ditto, jarred, and frozen)
So that’s (approx) 30 canner loads, including 6 double loads in the pressure canner for the beets and pumpkin.